Officeworks Return Policy and thing’s you need to know before you make a change of mind or faulty product return. Officeworks is an Australia chain of office supply stores which operates under Wesfarmers. Established by Coles Myer in the early 1990s, Officeworks is now the top player in office supplies in Australia.
Total number of stores in Australia is 167 while it’s head office is in Bentleigh East. Geeks2U Operate under Officeworks.
We’re here to discuss the Officeworks returns policy and what you should know if you want to return a product or products whether they’re faulty, no what was advertised or change of mind.
Australian Consumer Law
As with every business in Australia, Officeworks comes with a guarantee that can’t be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). If the product you purchased suffers a major failure you are entitled to:
- cancel your service contract with us; and
- a refund for the unused portion or compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods.
If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund for any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
Change of Mind Policy
Changed your mind about a purchase? You’ll be entitled to a change of mind replacement or refund if that:
- You return the item within 30 days of purchase
- You produce a satisfactory proof of purchase (being your original register receipt or online proof of purchase, such as a tax invoice)
- The item is in re-saleable condition, including its original packaging (if any), is unused and as sold
Please note that Officeworks will ask for your ID if the value of the product is greater than $50.
Some things cant be returned such as:
- Software and other downloadable material
- Prepaid business services which have been activated and / or used
- Gift cards, mobile phone recharge and iTunes cards
- Special orders
- Custom Print & Copy products
General Note with Returns
Proof of purchase is required to make a claim with Officeworks. The final decision is Officeworks and they may refuse the right to exchange, refund or repair where the fault is caused by you with neglect or misuse.
Shopping at Bunnings this year? Keep up with their return policy Bunnings Warehouse Return Policy – The Returns Policy