We’re here to guide you through the Bing Lee Returns Policy and help you figure out whether or not you can return your item/s or not.
Bing Lee is an Australian Retailing Company which specializes in computers, consumer electronics and telecommunication goods. Bing Lee is currently the largest privately held electrical retail business in New South Wales, Australia. With a current turnover of about $490 Million across 41 stores.
Now you’re here because you want to know if you can return your item that you purchased from Bing Lee whether online or in-store. There are a few things you need to be wary of when purchasing from Bing Lee such as they don’t offer ‘Change of mind’ returns. This means that you need to be 100% sure of what you’re buying as you will not be able to return the item if you simply don’t want it anymore.
Now if you’ve got an item that isn’t what you purchased than you’ll be eligible for a return/refund. You will need:
1. accompanied by proof of purchase from Bing Lee either by providing a receipt or other proof of transaction; and
2. unmarked and complete with instruction books and accessories such as remotes, controllers, power cords, batteries, battery chargers, connectivity cables and any other out of box accessories supplied as part of the purchase.
Bing Lee may request that the manufacturer of the goods inspect your item to assess it’s eligibility for a return. Bing Lee strives to have this done in a reasonable time.
When your item is accepted for a return
1. fail to meet a consumer guarantee under the ACL; or
2. are subject to any express warranty given by:
(a) Bing Lee; or
(b) the manufacturer of the goods;
and the goods are returned in accordance with the terms of that warranty.
What to expect when returning goods
1. for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which is not a “major failure”, Bing Lee may either:
(a) have the goods repaired or provide an identical replacement ; or
(b) provide a refund of the amount paid for the goods;
within a reasonable time.
2. for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which cannot be remedied or a “major failure” (as defined in the ACL), you may either:
(a) reject the goods and choose a refund or identical replacement or one of the same type and similar value (if reasonably available);
(b) keep the goods and get compensation for any drop in value of the goods caused by the failure; or
(c) agree with Bing Lee to a repair of the goods; and
3. under express warranty, Bing Lee may either repair or replace the goods or offer a refund in accordance with the express warranty.
Bing Lee again strives to have all repairs if a repair is required done in a reasonable time. If however you’ve been entitled to a refund you’ll be refunded depending on your original payment method of the item/s.
Thing’s That Can’t be Returned
– Electronic software downloads;
– Subscriptions to the software update programmes;
– Opened software where the applicable licence has been used, copied or disclosed;
– Gift Cards and recharge cards to extent they have been used or expired.
Things to note
Please note, that if you’ve returned an item that may contain personal data such as a computer or mobile phone, Your information may be wiped and won’t be recoverable.
If you would like to read more or in full details of the Bing Lee Returns Policy then check out Returns Policy – Buy Online with Afterpay & ZipPay (binglee.com.au)
Shopping elsewhere? Read more about their returns here. The Returns Policy – Return Policies for Shops
Buying from Dymocks? View their returns Dymocks Return Policy – What You Need to Know – The Returns Policy